Preventative Screenings: Invest Time in Your Health
Health screenings enable you to find out if you have a particular disease or condition even if you do not have any symptoms/signs of disease. Screenings involve the use of tests, physical examinations or other procedures to detect disease early in people who look or feel well. Early detection, followed by treatment and good control of the condition can result in better outcomes and lowers the risk of serious complications. It is important to get yourself screened even if you feel healthy.
Taking advantage of the various free health screenings offered at the Expo could save your life.
- If your screening results are normal—Continue to go for a regular screening at the recommended frequency, as screening only detects health conditions that are present at the time of screening.
- If you develop signs or symptoms after your screening—See your doctor, do not wait for your next screening.
- If your screening results are abnormal—Follow up with your doctor immediately, even if you feel well.
Available Health Screenings
- Sage Health—Blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass index (BMI) screenings
- Vascular Surgery Associates, LLC—Vascular, wound care, podiatry visual lower extremity screening, including pulses, peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and veins
- Baltimore County Department of Health and Human Services—Health screenings
- Safeway Pharmacy—Vaccine and blood pressure screenings
- Local College Students and Professors—Variety of education and screenings